Hello all, we would like to share our new Stand Alone Fire Fighter I/II Certification Exam Course @ Oxnard College that will be offered Fall 2021. Please share this flyer with anyone who may be interested. Thank you
New awards: Oxnard College Company Officer AS & COA starting Fall of 2021. Please share with anyone interested.
Many of you now know from our last CFTDA meeting and email that was released from the Office of the State Fire Marshal, but if you have not here is the official press release for Chief Henning’s promotion.
Oxnard College is in need of adjunct/part time faculty members to teach as part of their EMT program Fall of 2021 and Spring of 2022. If interesting please apply at the following link by April 30th:
If you have any questions in regards to the program or position, feel free to call Matthew Jewett at 805-678-5307
Oxnard College is in need of adjunct/part time faculty members to teach their new Company Officer A.A./A.S. Degree program Fall of 2021 and Spring of 2022. We have extended the deadline to May 31st. If interested please apply at the following link by May 31st:
If you have any questions in regards to the courses or position, feel free to call Matthew Jewett at 805-678-5307
Good morning CFTDA!
Just a friendly reminder that the deadline for membership dues is coming up on April 1st! For those that have paid thank you very much! For those that have not yet paid, please contact Scott Jaeggi to ensure you are up-to-date. We know that if your school is paying for you it may take time.
Additionally, each school should have received your survey link for the Fire Technology side, we are working on the EMS-specific survey and that should be hitting your inboxes in early April. All surveys must be in before July 1st. This information is invaluable to our programs. If your school has not seen an email from either myself or Jeff Baumunk please let us know. Again, thank you very much to those who have already completed them.
Have a great weekend!
Good afternoon everyone!
We just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Jeff Baumunk and I will be sending out the electronic course catalog survey here shortly. It will be on Microsoft Forms and fairly easy to complete in 10-15 minutes. It will go to one designee per school so there will not be any duplication of work if you want to let us know who that designee will be you can let Jeff or I know. As a heads up, there will be a second survey going out for the EMS side as well. Here is the breakout of schools between the two of us:
- Allan Hancock College 11. Palomar College
- Bakersfield College 12. Rio Hondo College
- College of the Desert 13. San Diego Miramar College
- Crafton Hills Community College 14. Santa Ana College
- El Camino College 15. Sierra College
- Glendale Community College/Verdugo Fire Academy 16. Solano Community College
- Imperial Valley College 17. South Bay Regional Public Safety
- Moreno Valley College/Ben Clark Training 18. Southwestern College
- Mt. San Antonio College 19. Victor Valley College
- Oxnard College 20. Yuba College
- American River College 11. Las Poistas College
- Butte Community College 12. Los Medanos Community College
- Chabot Community College 13. Merritt College
- City College of San Francisco 14. Modesto Jr. College
- College of the Sequoias 15. Monterey Peninsula College
- College of the Siskiyous 16. Porterville Community College
- Columbia College 17. San Mateo College
- Cosumnes River College 18. Santa Rosa Junior College
- Fresno City College 19. Shasta Community College
- Lake Tahoe Community College
Please click the link below to view the recording:
CFTDA CHALLENGE COINS PROPOSAL
Following our September Zoom Meeting, a subcommittee comprised of Randy Collins, Pete Cacossa, Jeff Baumunk and Tommy Tunson met to develop a design for a Challenge Coin to be presented to the membership for approval. To that end, a design has been selected and a proof enclosed. While not shown on the proof, the organization’s mission statement (Dedicated to Promoting High Quality Fire Technology Education and Training) will be engraved on the edges of the coin.
Hi everyone! We greatly appreciate your time, energy, and effort in completing the following questions. The intent of this survey is to better understand best practices in selection criteria and processes for Firefighter Academy applications within the California Community College system. Your responses will help us drive industry forward as we implement impactful, positive changes within our own system. Click here for the Survey Link