This tenure track position will have a focus on the Fire Fighter I/II Academy at Las Positas College in Livermore CA.
|Job Title||Instructor, Fire Service Technology|
|Tenure Information||Tenure Track|
|Pay Rate (or Annual Salary)||$62,996 – $96,885/annual|
|Job Location||Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551|
|Department||Public Safety, Advanced Manufacturing, Transportation, Health and Kinesiology|
Las Positas College provides an inclusive, learning-centered, equity-focused environment that offers educational opportunities and support for completion of students’ transfer, degree, and career-technical goals while promoting lifelong learning. At Las Positas College we know that equity will be achieved by changing the impacts of structural racism, ableism, homophobia, and systematic poverty on student success and access to higher education, achieved through continuous evaluation and improvement of all services. We believe in a high-quality education focused on learning and an inclusive, culturally-relevant environment that meets the diverse needs of all our students and staff.
Equity is parity in student educational outcomes; it places belonging for students of color and disproportionately impacted students at center focus. Our prized and emerging equity efforts include Puente, Umoja, ConnectUp, Brother 2 Brother, Sister 2 Sister, Black Student Union, Presidential Task Force on Systemic and Institutionalized Racism, the Presidential Speaker Series, Black Education Association, UndocuAlly Taskforce, curriculum reviews and a linguistic justice curriculum.
Located in Livermore, Las Positas College is becoming an institution that reflects the diversity in California. We are a learning-centered institution focused on excellence and student success, and are fully committed to supporting all Tri-Valley residents in their quest for education and advancement.
Joining Our College Community
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to an educational community. We look for applicants who:
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Fire Service Technology position for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
1. Ability to effectively and enthusiastically teach Fire Service Technology courses, including, but not limited to: State Fire Marshall accredited courses leading to State and National Certification, the Basic Firefighter Academy and Wildland Firefighting, Fire Protection Organization, Fire Service Operations, Firefighter Safety and Survival, Fire Behavior and Combustion, Fire Prevention Technology, Fire Equipment and Systems, Fundamentals of Building Construction and Fire Protection, Hazardous Material, Fire Command Services, Fire Prevention, Fire Investigations, Fire Instructor.
2. Ability to design and implement innovative teaching methodologies in the above mentioned curriculum.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of current state and national curriculum and accreditation standards for course and program development and instruction.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of methods of instruction, testing, and assessment of students.
5. Participate in campus professional activities, which include, but are not limited to: committee membership, curriculum development, staff meetings, and community outreach.
6. Ability to contribute to the total operation of the instructional program including fulfilling Department, Division, and College responsibilities as well as within the community and the District.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
8. Ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles, and utilize a variety of teaching modalities including distance and hybrid learning.
9. Ability to seek and support professional growth and demonstrate career objectives consistent with the mission of Las Positas College.
10. Availability to teach morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning, and/or off-campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment, to teach outdoors and in sometimes inclement conditions, as well as the ability to effectively demonstrate operational firefighting techniques.
12. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience OR equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2022 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
1. Teaching experience in Fire Service Technology a the college level.
2. Certificates, or the equivalent certificates for: Fire Instructor 1A, 1B and 1C Training Instructor, Regional Instructor Orientation, Ethical Leadership in the Classroom.
3. Experience as a training program coordinator and/or supervisor or manager in the Fire Service.
4. Demonstrated experience teaching the most current Firefighter I Curriculum at an Accredited Regional Training Program (ARTP) or Accredited Local Academy (ALA).
|Job Work Schedule||
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2022. Employment will begin on or about August 15, 2022.
|Physical Demands and Working Environment||
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
The Board of Trustees has implemented a vaccine mandate for all employees. Accordingly, finalist(s) must comply with the vaccine mandate prior to being forwarded to the Board of Trustees for approval. See vaccine mandate information at http://districtazure.clpccd.org/policies/files/docs/BP7330.pdf.
|Notification to Applicants||
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
|Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement||
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement