|Job Posting Title||Fire Technology Assistant Professor (60%) / Coordinator (40%)|
|Location||Los Rios Community College District (American River College)|
|Department Location||McClellan Center / Sacramento Regional Public Safety Training Center|
|Temporary Position Category|
Founded in 1955, American River College (ARC) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region, serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its main campus and centers.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
American River College is committed to employees:
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers Contract (the initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8). For more information on the step placement process, please click here.
|Salary||$49,866 to $94,109 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules|
|Additional Salary Information||Initial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master’s degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.|
The assignment between these two roles may be adjusted based on student, department and program needs.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
|Work Year||174 days|
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus classes/hours.
|Total Hrs per Week/Day||7.5 hours per day|
1. Have a bachelor’s degree AND two years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment; OR have an associate’s degree AND six years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment; OR hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR , the equivalent.* All degrees must from an accredited institution and completed by January 1, 2023.
2. Five year’s fire service experience to manage the Accredited Regional Training Program (ARTP).
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
|Beginning On (or About)||
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty Position
Beginning on or about January 1, 2023.
|Ending Date, if LTT|
|How and where to apply||
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
All faculty and staff must be fully vaccinated in order to:
All new hires must be fully vaccinated or receive an approved medical or religious exemption within forty-five (45) calendar days of hire. Within seven (7) calendar days, all new hires must show proof they have received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a one-dose vaccine, or have applied for a medical or religious exemption.
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please visit the COVID Vaccine Requirements informational page.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form “Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime”, P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand and I meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I understand that I am required to provide official transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position, within 60 days from the time of hire. I also understand that individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations https://losrios.edu/community/jobs-at-los-rios/job-application-resources/foreign-transcript-evaluation.
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group – Comunidad
- D’Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group – Asian Pacific Islander Legacy (API)
- LRCCD Resource Group – Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group – Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group – Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential