*Rooming Details* Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa:
- CFTDA Meeting Agenda San Diego Miramar College Sept. 5 2024.docx
- 2000 Second Street | Coronado, CA 92118
- Guests may use the link below to make their reservations up until Wednesday, August 7, 2024
- Special booking link to share with your guests: Book Your Group/Corporate Rate | Marriott International
- If the link is not working you can call the Group Reservation Desk number on your website: 1-888-236-2427 this desk is open 24/7. Reference “California Fire Technology Directors Association (CFTDA) Quarterly Meeting Sep2024″
- We have it set up as each individual to pay for their own room and tax.
- If you have any issues or questions that the reservation desk can not answer, please contact:
Please see the attached link with the November agenda and hotel accommodations.
It is with great sadness that the Coleman family has shared that Chief Ronny J. Coleman, State Fire Marshal, (Ret.), passed away peacefully on September 19, 2023, at Mercy General Hospital in Sacramento.
Chief Coleman was a 50-plus year veteran of the fire service. Following his service and leadership as the Fire Chief in San Clemente, California, and the Fire Chief in Fullerton, California, he was appointed as California State Fire Marshal from 1992 to 2000 by Governor Pete Wilson. Chief Coleman was the past President of the International Association of Fire Chiefs and has been a member and leader of numerous fire service committees and associations. He has given us all an incredible legacy with his dedication to our training and education. He championed the California State Fire Training system both as the Division Chief and has the Chairperson of the Statewide Training and Education Advisory Committee. He has authored more than 19 books and was influential within our industry as an advisor, leader, mentor, and friend.
Chief Coleman is survived by his wife, Marie, his son Chris Coleman (North Carolina), his daughter Lisa Coleman (Colorado), and their families. A local (Northern California) tribute to Chief Coleman will be hosted in Elk Grove in the coming week. Funeral services will follow in San Clemente, with a date to be announced. Donations in lieu of flowers may be sent to National Heritage Fire Museum or the California Fire Museum & Safety Learning Center.
The Colemans are requesting privacy at this time. Please contact their family liaison, Chris Fowler, at [email protected] with any urgent inquires.
Condolence cards may be sent to:
Mrs. Marie Coleman
c/o Chris Fowler
P.O. Box 661114
Sacramento, CA 95866
The Wildland Curriculum has been posted for your review. It will be on the Agenda for our next meeting.
Link: Wildland Committe Page
- Imperial, CA
- Full-Time Faculty-Temporary – $65,033.00 – $81,592.00 Annually
- Category: Education / Fire & EMS / EMS / Emergency Management / Higher Education / Sciences / Faculty / Faculty – Science
- Division: Academics-Health & Public Safety
Good afternoon CFTDA!
Jeff Seaton passed this along to us.
Attached is an invitation to the NFFF High School Symposium on July 22, 2023. I know it is short notice, but may be something that you can attend.
As a key stakeholder of the CAL FIRE – Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM), it is with great pleasure that we invite you to join us for the OSFM’s Centennial Celebration on May 23, 2023. This momentous occasion marks a century of dedication, service, and sacrifice by the hardworking employees who have served in Office over the past 100 years.
The celebration will take place at The Clubhouse at Cal Expo (1600 Exposition Blvd, Sacramento) starting at 1 pm. The event will feature speeches, presentations, refreshments, and other activities. It will be a wonderful opportunity to honor the rich history of the Office of the State Fire Marshal and pay tribute to the fire marshal staff who have served with distinction over the years.
We hope that you will join us for this special event. We believe that your presence will help to make the occasion even more memorable and meaningful.
Please RSVP at https://bit.ly/OSFM_Centennial_Registration so that we can ensure that we have adequate seating and refreshments for all our guests.
We look forward to your presence at the OSFM Centennial Celebration
Acting State Fire Marshal /
Preparedness & Mitigation
715 P St., Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 223-3576 Cell